Friday, August 3, 2007

On the move

Well it's official... Wyatt is CRAWLING! He started about a week before he hit 7 months old. We've started to get some of the safety equipment out and have blocked off the office. He has a facination with the speaker wire and has gotten his hand spanked a couple of times. Not to worry, he's quickly learned "No, no, no!" and will usually stop what he's doing when he's scolded.

Let's see - what other milestones has he accomplished (there's been a few).

WAVING BYE-BYE
He started to wave bye on Monday. We were in the Hospital visiting my Dad (who is at home and doing very well! Feel free to shoot him an e-mail CRychener@Sauder.com or give him a call). Dad waved to Wyatt and he grinned and started to wave back. It's adorable because he knows he doing something "big".

SITTING UP
He can now go from laying down to sitting up. I'm very glad for this because he'd lay down and then get TICKED because he couldn't get back up.

SIGNING
We've been working with him and using sign language. Milk, hungry, more and dog have been our first signs. He'll someitmes sign dog (slap your leg like calling a dog) when Dharma is near. Just yesterday he signed Milk back to me when I asked him (and signed) if he wanted milk (open and close hand like milking a cow) and he repeated the motion. When I showed him the bottle his little hand REALLY started going as if to say GIVE ME THE MILK NOW MOM!!!!! I'm going to work on change (change diaper), bath, mom and dad next.

TEETH
Wyatt got his first two teeth at 6 months of age. The top ones are on their way in and have been bothering him from time to time. I just with the darn thigns would come in already! UGH! He's a terror when he's uncomfortable and I feel so bad because there's not much I can do for him. I have found that popcicles seem to help, and he LOVES them. Mmmmmm... SUGAR! Ha!!!

Well I'm going to try and get some photos up for everyone to see sometime soon, and maybe a video clip or two.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment