Friday, March 25, 2011

The blockwork orange

For those of you who know me know I love to create. Whether it's a sewn purse made from my favorite Amy Butler Fabric, working on my monthly block from the Saturday Sampler at Sauder Village or baking one of my yummy cakes or other confections - I LIVE TO MAKE STUFF! And I'll find any excuse to do so.

So, with that said I've joined a group of quilters from Flickr in making and swapping orange quilt blocks using a tutorial from OhFransson.

These blocks are so easy to whip up. You need nine different fabrics which you stack, wack, sew, shuffle and repeat. I managed to get 18 blocks done in a few hours. It wouldn't have taken nearly as long, but my craft room is upstairs, and my iron is in my basement. So after every round of sewing, I'd trudge through the living room, dining room, kitchen, down the stairs and to my iron. Then back up to work on the next step.

Who says crafting isn't a workout!?!







25 of my 27 blocks laid out. And before you ask... NO! I will not be putting my quilt together this way! It's way too busy. I'll probably be following in OhFransson's footsteps and laying it out in a lattice pattern, like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment