Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The best things in life aren't things.

"The best things in life aren't things."
This has got to be one of my favorite quotes.



This morning while getting ready for work my son drew this on the shower door while my somewhat wrinkled shirt hung getting a nice steaming.

He was so proud of his creation. Every day he tells me he loves me. Every. Single. Day. Often times more than once. It can make the worst, most stressful and busiest of days just melt away to hear those words, even if it is for just a moment. 

As adults we get caught up with things; work, chores, bills, groceries, errands - and we often look past the little things that pass us buy every day. Opportunities to call an old friend, to play a game with a child, or ask someone how their day was are passed over so we can do something for ourselves instead. Other times we just overlook things, like that we believe our spouses or kids know that we love them, so we don't take the time to say it. 

Well we need to stop, slow down and take time for others. Call that friend. Play a game. Say "I Love You." It really can make a difference in someone's day. Even if it is for just a moment.

There's another quote that I've read somewhere that goes something like: While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. I couldn't agree with this more!

So, thank you Wyatt for all of the life lessons. And by the way, I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment