Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just One Star



Moda is participating in the Quilts of Valor program and is asking any and all quilters to help. They need to collect 1800 Star Blocks by May 1, 2011. I know the deadline is drawing near, but it's not that difficult to whip a few blocks out in an evening. For more information about the program, visit the Moda Blog. For the pattern and instructions, click here.



There's something to be said about doing things for others. It just feels good, you know? Did I have to make these blocks? No. Could I have used that time to work on something for myself? Sure. But honestly I got so much more out of this. I don't know who this block will end up going to. I don't know their name, their face, or anything about them. But what I do know is that I'm grateful that they're serving our country, risking their lives so that we can live our lives with our freedoms. So to anyone and everyone who has ever served, Thank you. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU.

If you have some extra fabric sitting around, an an extra hour to give - please consider making a block or two. 

One of the finished blocks.

Sewn, pressed, signed and ready to go to their new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment