Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm a glutton for punishment.

I've finally decided to start sewing up a paper pieced block I've been sitting on for a while. I had someone on Etsy take a photo of one of my Netherland Dwarf Rabbits, Tranquil Acres' GTO, and create a paper pieced block.

 The block is originally 6 or 8 inches, and I blew it up to 12 inches, after seeing just how TEENY TINY some of the pieces are. So, after two hours and a few swear words, here is my progress...

I really like the way it looks, and I think I might just make all four colors of the Otters (that's what variety she is) Black, Blue, Chocolate & Lilac.

2 comments:

  1. how cute is that! Do you raise ND's for ARBA shows? I raised Mini Lops for ARBA shows (vailslops.com), although I haven't been showing for the last couple years much..... I'm still breeding for show, so I can join in at anytime again. It's great to find another rabbit breeder & quilter though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had rabbits for over 20 years and raised dwarfs most of that time. I went to many ARBA Conventions too. I sold them 3 or 4 years ago after feed prices went up and work wages went down. :( I miss them a lot.

      Delete